New to chiclids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am new to chiclids and anxious to try and get some! I am curious on what I could do with a 26 gallon Bowfront. I would prefer more colourful if that helps narrow it down :) thank you in advance!

Iooks great! What would i use for decorations and substrate and what other fish could go with them?

In a tank of that size you can really only have one species of cichlid. Apistos or Bolivian rams would be your best option

Any more cichlids would just be inviting problems , mine are not all that aggressive towards the other species in the tank but they did kill a second female when they formed a breeding pair.

I would get apistos if you want cichlids to. I would do a sand substrate with a natural look to the tank. As far as tankmates you could get a school of 6-8 rummy nose or neon tetras and 6 small cory cats like pandas or jullis.

Mine were in a tank with hexona (six banded) barbs at the Lfs, they get along great in mine, the rummynose too.

What would u recommend for a community tank that size?

Are those 3 gallons really make a big difference?

Sorry, forgot it was a 26, I'm no expert but if it were me personally I'd go for it!

Back
Top Bottom