New to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I have about 70 fish plus around 100 red cherry shrimp and one African dwarf frog lol

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great thank you!

My fish eat left over dinner salads, not too pricy:brows:
Ive grown easy plants in my garden for them, cucumbers grow so fast around here, that u cant eat them all

I fed my Mbuna Hikari Excel and Hikari Algae Wafers..
Both were absolutely fine.

I now feed NLS Cichlid purely because it worked out as similar price and I'd much rather use the renowned, amazing, top of the range, NLS.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks everyone! So who has tropical tanks too? Can you feed the same thing to both?

I feed my one mbuna lab the same food as my rosy barb jn the same tank.

Before I get yelled at for having barbs and cichlids in the same tank I will say this. 1- I didn't do my research before buying the cichlid. 2-I am looking for a new home for the cichlid, I want to back to peaceful tropicals. If anyone is interested in the cichlid pm me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep I definitely don't have them in the same tank lol. Just tired of buying 15 different cans if food lol.
I currently have a 10 guppy fry tank a 10 rcs tank a 15 adult guppy tank a 20 long neon tetra long fin plec betta glo tetra and kuhli tank not sure yet how that one will end up a 55 gourami germam blue ram mollie rosy barb harliquin rasbora and albino plec peacock eel tank and now the 75 mixed mbuna tank. Well that's a mouthful lol.

Barbs can be perfect tank mates for cichlids, depending on the barb and depending on the cichlid. For example you wouldn't put 3-4 tiger barbs with an Angelfish and you wouldn't put cherry barbs with an Oscar, but many combinations work extremely well.

Barbs can be perfect tank mates for cichlids, depending on the barb and depending on the cichlid. For example you wouldn't put 3-4 tiger barbs with an Angelfish and you wouldn't put cherry barbs with an Oscar, but many combinations work extremely well.

Its a 2 inch male rosy barb.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rosey barbs are a good choice for mid sized mid aggression cichlids, Firemouths, blue acara, cons etc. They do need to be in groups though and tend to be less nippy that way.

Back
Top Bottom