New to the hobby.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyatx30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Started an African Cichlid tank. 90 gal. reef tank. 20 gal. sump and Eheim pro4+ 2271 to help with filtration.
I have seven fish right now. 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 in size. Planning to add 20 more in the next couple of weeks/month.
I have not seen much in the way of aggression. Will that change with more fish and or their size.
I feed veg. and reg. flakes plus reg. Pellets small amounts two to three times a day.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stock ( by size )

Yellow Lab

Kadango Red Fin

OB Peacock

One and a half stripe Hap

Flameback IMG_5420.jpg

Giraffe

Demasoni IMG_5420.jpgIMG_5421.jpgIMG_5424.jpg

You never know with aggression I have one fish that has my tank in a war.I remove him and it's peacefull.I would really study what fish you want vs settling for what u can afford at the time. My tanks do better when I add more than one at a time it's hard for them to focus on one fish. Also know what you want I got 240gal with haps.New world ciclids to mbunas/ Victorian cichlids and even a koi that my son got me I can't remove and gets along good with ciclids. Take your time don't stress your beneficial bacteria by adding fish to fast.I feed 1 time a day ciclids will over eat and always make you feel bad.lol As people say more fish less aggression I do know more fish equal more work water change etc.
Hope this helps a little

You never know with aggression I have one fish that has my tank in a war.I remove him and it's peacefull.I would really study what fish you want vs settling for what u can afford at the time. My tanks do better when I add more than one at a time it's hard for them to focus on one fish. Also know what you want I got 240gal with haps.New world ciclids to mbunas/ Victorian cichlids and even a koi that my son got me I can't remove and gets along good with ciclids. Take your time don't stress your beneficial bacteria by adding fish to fast.I feed 1 time a day ciclids will over eat and always make you feel bad.lol As people say more fish less aggression I do know more fish equal more work water change etc.
Hope this helps a little

I figure add like 4 fish every two wks.
And yes they act like they never get feed.
Thank for the advice.

Reddirtryders was spot on with the advice. I just want to add that you might want to arrange your rocks to form more caves. I can't determine if your white rocks are limestone but if they aren't you might consider adding some. It helps buffer the tank water so you lessen the possibility of a ph crash. Low ph is bad for A. Cichlids. Texas Holey rock / limestone, expensive at the local fish store, cheap at the rock yard. I keep red fin borleyi, yellow tail acei
And Dragon blood peacocks, as dither fish "With a punch" in my 120 gal. All of those are good looking fish that can take care of themselves but aren't too aggressive. If you get a chance research those. Good luck.

Reddirtryders was spot on with the advice. I just want to add that you might want to arrange your rocks to form more caves. I can't determine if your white rocks are limestone but if they aren't you might consider adding some. It helps buffer the tank water so you lessen the possibility of a ph crash. Low ph is bad for A. Cichlids. Texas Holey rock / limestone, expensive at the local fish store, cheap at the rock yard. I keep red fin borleyi, yellow tail acei

And Dragon blood peacocks, as dither fish "With a punch" in my 120 gal. All of those are good looking fish that can take care of themselves but aren't too aggressive. If you get a chance research those. Good luck.

Dragon Blood is on my list. LFS has not had any the times I've been done.
Yes white stone is limestone plus have the Cichlid crushed coral in in the sump. My ph is around 8.3/8.4.

Back
Top Bottom