New to the hobby need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

walsh877

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a 90 gal cichlid tank a few weeks ago my list of fish are
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397780690.938702.jpgElectric blue hap cichlid
Electric blue Johanni melanochromis
Orange blotch peacock "o.b"
Maylandia kennyi cichlid
Red eyed Albino cichlid

Black convicts
Jack dempsey
Kamfa flower horn
2) Maingano cichlids

My problem is the pet store I got these fish from recommend them and told me the would all get along witch they have been so far but after talking to a few people they told me that some of my fish are not good together any input would be greatly appreciated ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397780569.392059.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397780605.309309.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397780633.959808.jpg

Pick one: Africans, or central and South Americans. They might get along now, but when they reach maturity, they won't.

First and foremost get rid of the Kenyi's they are the meanest. The Jack Dempsey might be ok, but I wouldn't recommend it. Same thing with the convicts. Those South American fish don't mix with Africans.
Truth be told I have a old JD with Africans, but the JD was my first fish, I expected it to die before any of the Africans matured.
Anyway scratch the Kenyi, JD, and Convicts, and you'll have a good mix.

I dont recommend the flowerhorn either. Like drew vest6 said. Pick one. Whether its african, central, or south american

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom