new to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hylywytt

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wandering ... I just got cichlids and already had a frog and 3 mystery snails will they kill my frog and snails?

One is a albino white zombie, 1 black convict, and two that im not sure about one is orange with what looks like purple markinging and a light blue and purple striped (banneded)

Sounds like you have a convict and some africans. They will end up eating your frog and your snails most likely. Also I would advise against keeping Africans and South Americans together.

why should I get rid of the convict just for my information

Mixing old and new world cichlids usually doesn't end well. The convict can be very feisty and more than likely can tear the Africans a new one. On the other hand, the Africans could turn on her and jump her. Most folks around here would advise not to mix old and new and I am in complete agreement. They also have very different dietary requirements and water parameters.

Ok so I returned the convict and got an African that purple with neon yellow fin and he has fallen in love with my blue and purple striped one everyone is happy and healthy!!!

Back
Top Bottom