newest 125 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbudda13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Eventually plan on eliminating 50% of the rock work n replaacing it with driftwood n live plants like the ones on the left, just added them last night and the fish LOVE hiding and swimming thru them.

ForumRunner_20130221_113440.jpg

Very nice!!!! Where's the best place to get driftwood? Is it purchased? Or acquired? And is there any special cleaning that needs to be done to it?

Just added the bamboo yesterday from the same place I get all my fish n driftwood. I have a small independent fish store that only deals with African cichlids its a real gem to have nearby, driftwood is tank ready he has most of it shipped straight from the amazon

Tank looks great! What cichlids do you have? Hard to tell from the pic

Thanks for all the positve replies!! Will continue to update as changes r made. Just added a mature male exo anageny ( copper parrot) yesterday also n the two females I have are really taking a liking to him, he's loving the attention his colors are insane!! so hopefully some babies are in the future!!

Some of the stock include 2)aristo z rock 1) Jack Dempsey 3) exo anageny (2 female 1 male) 3) venstus 1) socolfi 3) pheno Tanzanian 1) nagara flametail 1) rubencense peacock 5) yellow top mabamba 3) mori.blue dolphin couple afras n a few others that I forgot the names of

This is a pic of one of the females the males are awesome when mature check em out on google

ForumRunner_20130221_135549.jpg

Just added the bamboo yesterday from the same place I get all my fish n driftwood.

The tank looks great! but I must warn you. Bamboo is not a truly aquatic plant. The stems do fine submerged but the leaves will most certainly die off and can cause the potential for algae. If there is a way to raise the leaves out of the water, I would suggest that.

Oh yea also have a nice male buccochromis nototaenia that's starting to color up

Thanks for the heads up I will definitely keep n eye on that its my first time using n e live plants so its a trial run saw them on my way out of the store n liked the look of em n the guy told me to take what I wanted. Couldn't pass on that offer lol

This is a pic of one of the females the males are awesome when mature check em out on google

That female is realllly nice! Can't imagine what the males look like. Yeah the reason why I asked is because I can't find them on google. I must be typing it in wrong. But I spelled it like u did

Thanks for the heads up I will definitely keep n eye on that its my first time using n e live plants so its a trial run saw them on my way out of the store n liked the look of em n the guy told me to take what I wanted. Couldn't pass on that offer lol

Not a problem! Great looking plants, a shame they sell them as aquatic plants :(

Back
Top Bottom