nice to meet you.. maybe not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is there any do's or dont's when adding new juvi angelfish? im going to be trading my $4 cup sized angel for 2-3 silver dollar sized juvi's in 2-3 days.. i already have two juvi angels in my tank.. and also just an update on the 25 bigger than pea sized angels.. ok i went to petsmart to buy some sponge filters as members told me in my other topic baby angles, they didnt have any, so i bought a small airpump and airline, a t splitter, and 2 airstones, im running my hob for a ten gal right now. i tried the airstones but they seem to cause way too much current in the water for them, maybe this weekend i'll buy them their sponge filter? should i bother>? also bought them some fry food wich i have been feeding along with brine shrimp and chopped up frozen worms.. and i've been changing and vacuuming their water 2 times daily. maybe its just me but i think my batch is growing a little bit faster then my friend's mom's batch. she doesnt belive me that she needs to do constant water changes, and i think she's only feeding flake..

Adding new adult fish when adult are already in the tank is were you will end up getting some problems.
Juvi's seem to do fine when they have new juvi tankmates.

I would try to find a sponge filter.. or a corner filter if thats not an option.. I cant seem to find either in this area.. kindof a bummer.. maybe ebay has some (they ship priorty mail most of the time so you might be able get get one faster that way) hydro sponge I belive is a good brand (If I remember correctly)

your better diet and cleaner water will help your fish grow faster and more evenly.. poor diet and water will usually end up giving your runt like fish, wich is a sighn to a experinced buyer that they were not taken care of correctly.. your doing good work, if there fish end up starting to have the uneven growth problem, you'll know why. Alot of LFS's wont buy from breeders that cant get even growth.

Back
Top Bottom