Nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmac1972

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do I need to be alarmed if nitrates level is5.0?.. Tank has been up for 4 months and is cycled.... I have always had a good reading...BUT.... Found out I was not shacking the bottle nearly enough.... All fish seem to be in good health and I do a weekly 20% water change... Thanks

Do I need to be alarmed if nitrates level is5.0?.. Tank has been up for 4 months and is cycled.... I have always had a good reading...BUT.... Found out I was not shacking the bottle nearly enough.... All fish seem to be in good health and I do a weekly 20% water change... Thanks

5 isn't bad at all, just keep it under 20. How big is your tank, you should consider doing 50 percent water changes weekly.

72 bowfront... Ammonia and nitrites are good... I have read that it should be o if properly cycled... I have a filstar xp.... Is that big enough? I have 18 assorted Africans all under 2 inches... I will start doing a 50% if necessary...

API liquid..... I was shaking the bottle like it said... But read somewhere on here have to shake the crap out of it for 2 minutes or so.... Just supprised I have a high reading.... Anything I could do different ?

Is 0 nitrate something obtainable ? I appreciate the response... Was freaking out and was ready to do a drastic water change and prime dose... Good thing for the experts!!

Is 0 nitrate something obtainable!

I assume with a heavily planted tank and a low bioload yes. Now continue to watch your parameters as the fish grow, since the bioload changes and the nitrates build up quicker which may require larger more frequent water changes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom