Nitrite poisoning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubba643

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've gotten my nitrites under control and successfully treated the ich in my tank. This guy is my last patient it seems, but I'm not sure what he has. IMG_1313.JPGIMG_1310.JPG
Dark spots or lines appear on his body often times in different spots on different day. I'm leaning blood disease from the previously high nitrites but figured I'd post a pic to find out for sure. On the bright side if it turn out he isn't sick he's rocking a pretty sweet dark black mustache, calling him Burt Reynolds if that's the case.

Ps He is not acting particularly sick a few flashes a day against the sand but otherwise eating and active.

Im gonna go ahead and say hes fine... the black lines all depend on mood and such... if he acts fine and has no other real symptoms other than some irritated gis causing flashin... id call him "Sellek"

Im gonna go ahead and say hes fine... the black lines all depend on mood and such... if he acts fine and has no other real symptoms other than some irritated gis causing flashin... id call him "Sellek"

Or maybe Groucho?

Attachments

• IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 61
He's a convict I'm assuming from the picture, the lines are a reaction of their mood, sometimes my convict it pale gray the next dark gray with dark dark black stripes.

Maybe not a convict but a cichlid none the less, they are very hardy fish

Definitely not a convict. Its a mbuna but im havin trouble deciding which.
1) a moody acei
2) some sort of p. Elongatus
3) labidochromis hongi

Im leaning more toward the hongi

Yes I corrected myself and said cichlid, my convict sometimes has stripes sometimes he dont, im sure other cichlids are the same way, blood poisoning is red bloody lines not black stripes he/she will be okay just keep the water temp right as they like warmer water(find out what species you have to get this) , I have my convict tank on 81, and keep your parameters in check, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, ph nitrate is not as important as I dose my tank with 30ppm weekly, but in your tank I would try to stay under 40.
7389f88ef854f560c203f50b83a37666.jpg

Back
Top Bottom