no place for him to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cholbert

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a african tank. in the tank i have 5 diff kinds of cichlids. prob is i didnt know about the acei male/female ratio and now my male acei spends all day hunting and chasing the female. shes a little beat up. chewed fins and whatnot. i have to get rid of him because i dont have room to add anymore fish. the lfs wont take him back and ive called a couple others that dont have room for him. my friends cichild take has all fulgrown fish in it and hes a juvi that will be a snack in a matter of seconds. only other tank i have is a goldfish and snail tank. no heater and overcrowded because of the 2 goldfish growing so fast. any ideas on what i can do with this guy. i just dont have it in me to flush him and i dont think the female is going to last antoher week. ty

Can you add more rocks to your tank? Maybe give her more room to hide....or if she doesn't make it, it will give the other females (if you have more) a chance to hide from him.

If you can't do that, post an ad on Craigslist in your area and offer him for free. Someone around there probably has a cichlid tank.

+1 on adding more hiding spots or offering him up on Craig'sList, or maybe even offer him for free in the 'Barter/Trade' section of this forum. If it comes down to it, please don't flush him, there are plenty of more humane ways to euthanize.
There's no PetCo's around you? Thought they were always happy to take something for free that they could sell the next day!

i didnt mean literly flush him. theres no way im going to kill him. even if i have to go buy another tank ( just gives me a reason to lol ) but i would like him to go someplace he will be taken care of. hes got great color and all just to mean to the lady lol. ill ask around a little more then ill put him on craigslist.

bring him to my house, i'd take him :) you could certainly give him away on craigslist, most people around here will beg you for fish on there

Back
Top Bottom