Not good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i got home from work and my 180 gal tank looks like its full of coffee. I try to figure out why and i smell the water. Sure enough COFFEE!!! My 5 yr old daughter decided to dump a whole jar of instant coffee in the tank. The mbuna and cats look to be ok. I did a 75% wc and going to do another 50 here soon. Anyone know the effects of coffee on fish? I hope they will be ok!

:O wow.... I've actually thought about how terrible this would be so I'm curious to hear myself. Sorry though I hope everything goes well. : /

Funny thing is my wife didnt see her do it and the tank is in the living room and she said she didnt take her eyes off her. My daughter says that the fishies like coffee lol. Shes too cute to be mad at her lol

Also the fish are very energetic. Im assuming from the caffeine? They seem to be ok though. No heavy breathing or anything. I hope they will be ok.

Honestly I would imagine all those highly aggressive fish swimming in caffeine must be getting pretty mean huh

Pwc's and pray ... At this point, it's all you can do!

Look on the bright side ... Thankfully it wasn't vodka.

Lol true. Im drinking the vodka now worrying about my fish.

I just read that your wife didn't see her do it and she didn't take her eyes off your daughter? Really? Sure she didn't beat you to the Vodka first?

If I were her I'd :hide: I'm thinking your beyond vodka and your going to need some Beam and Daniels to help sort through this:banghead:.

Im sure she just told me that to calm me down. Everything seems ok with the fish so far.

Forgot i did lose one of my synodontis petricolas. Only loss so far.

Back
Top Bottom