Not happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harryhorse said:
They say fish keepin is fun an happy but my cockatoo Cichlid died today an I didn't think I would be sad but I am an it sux

Im sorry. It does suck when you lose them. Its all part if the experience. Take it as a learning experience and move on. Do you know why it died?

Harryhorse said:
They say fish keepin is fun an happy but my cockatoo Cichlid died today an I didn't think I would be sad but I am an it sux

It happens, I'm sorry for your loss :(

I have a horrible thread where I'm now at the downward part of a terrible bacteria that took 10 of my Africans :(

Columnaris is a horrible thing!!

What are your water conditions? Size of tank? Other tank mates? Did it show any signs? Just died?

Convict2161 said:
It happens, I'm sorry for your loss :(

I have a horrible thread where I'm now at the downward part of a terrible bacteria that took 10 of my Africans :(

Columnaris is a horrible thing!!

What are your water conditions? Size of tank? Other tank mates? Did it show any signs? Just died?

He had a swollen eye and I thought it was just from bumping it cause pop eye I thought both eyes went.well I got him in hospital aq.he lasted day an half in there than found him hr ago.at a closer look one off his gills was white.not shore.tank mates,3f mollies 9neons 3glowlights 3peppered cories 2 juli cories 1 panda cory 1bn pleco 2 fm gbrs ph7 amm 0 nitra 0 nitri 10 3foot tank 145ltrs

Harryhorse said:
He had a swollen eye and I thought it was just from bumping it cause pop eye I thought both eyes went.well I got him in hospital aq.he lasted day an half in there than found him hr ago.at a closer look one off his gills was white.not shore.tank mates,3f mollies 9neons 3glowlights 3peppered cories 2 juli cories 1 panda cory 1bn pleco 2 fm gbrs ph7 amm 0 nitra 0 nitri 10 3foot tank 145ltrs

Well from experience with my fish, your gonna want to try to ID what it was that caused the death and watch your tank! Maybe a PWC. If it's a bacteria your gonna want to make sure it didn't spread. Hopefully more knowledgeable members will chime in. For me I had to lower the temp and add kosher salt. But again that was for MY TANK NOT YOURS. Let the others help out more.

Good luck.

Convict2161 said:
Well from experience with my fish, your gonna want to try to ID what it was that caused the death and watch your tank! Maybe a PWC. If it's a bacteria your gonna want to make sure it didn't spread. Hopefully more knowledgeable members will chime in. For me I had to lower the temp and add kosher salt. But again that was for MY TANK NOT YOURS. Let the others help out more.

Good luck.

Cheers thx yer did a big clean today an added a bit off salt

Harryhorse said:

R.I.P bro

Attachments

• image-3581410172.jpg
    image-3581410172.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 75
I'm guessing you meant 10 nitrAte and 0 nitrIte.

Thats an interesting mix you had with that cichlid. Was size tank.

Back
Top Bottom