not sure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Makavelli02

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok i love having the ocar fish but i think i may need to rehome all 3 of them. i currently run a 29g tank but my 75 gallon is cycling. i really like the personality of the cichlid but if i start my 75 i would like to have several fish.
what could i put in a tank that size with some personality.

Makavelli02 said:
Ok i love having the ocar fish but i think i may need to rehome all 3 of them. i currently run a 29g tank but my 75 gallon is cycling. i really like the personality of the cichlid but if i start my 75 i would like to have several fish.
what could i put in a tank that size with some personality.

A mixture of male African cichlids. I have a 75g and I just love watching my cichlids - all 29 males and 1 female - interact with each other. They are males of different species so they do not look alike. The female, a yellow lab, was a mistaken identity. I originally thought it was a male. I never get bored watching then for hours at night.

Havng both oscars and africans I can honestly say the mbuna have no personality over the south/central American fish. I have over 70 fish in my 150 and it looks great but they can't compare with larger fish like oscars, jags, and my favorite the Festae. The Africans are mindless breeding, eating and ADHD fish compared to the slow moving exact behavior or their counterparts. Dont get me wrong I love the africans but if your looking for personality look at the other continents.

Havng both oscars and africans I can honestly say the mbuna have no personality over the south/central American fish. I have over 70 fish in my 150 and it looks great but they can't compare with larger fish like oscars, jags, and my favorite the Festae. The Africans are mindless breeding, eating and ADHD fish compared to the slow moving exact behavior or their counterparts. Dont get me wrong I love the africans but if your looking for personality look at the other continents.

speaking of fish personalities the african cichlids have as much personality as the south/central american ones imho. i've had oscars before too and watching these slow moving fish is just boring! i guess it all depends on each person's preference. :)

Back
Top Bottom