Now thinking...severums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I feel like on top of multiple tank syndrome, I've also developed multiple personality disorder. I can't make up my mind for more than a week at a time!

I am now thinking of having 3 severums in my 6x2x2. It currently has bristlenose catfishes, a dozen kuhlis and 2 bumblebee gobies. It has crypts planted in terracotta pots and anubias and java fern attached to driftwood. Sand substrate, caves, rocks, and branches.
From what I have read, I will at the very least, have to remove the crypts. What about the anubias and ferns?
Would 3 be likely to get along?
Is 3 too many?
Are they going to be afraid every time I approach the tank, or will they be responsive?
I love the look and size of them, as well as the fact that they're not predatory. But if they are not suitable for any reason, I will continue down my list of candidates :)
Thankyou for any and all insights and advice offered! (y)

My severums eat from my hand. As far as plants go I doubt much would work. I tried a brazilian sword and mine just started eating it as I was putting it in the tank. I love my severums.

My severums eat from my hand. As far as plants go I doubt much would work. I tried a brazilian sword and mine just started eating it as I was putting it in the tank. I love my severums.

:lol: cheeky things!
Mike do your severums show individual personalities? And can you share what it is that you love about them?

I have 2 red spot severums and when i come home they are at the side of the tank that faces the door zipping all around the glass and will follow as i walk past. When i open the top they will poke their heads out of the water thinking im going to feed them. If i hold the pellets in between my fingers they will suck the pellets out of my fingers. Over all they never hide. always looking for interaction with me. My heckelii's are the same at feeding time but other than that they just cruise around checking the sand for any scraps that are left.

I have 2 red spot severums and when i come home they are at the side of the tank that faces the door zipping all around the glass and will follow as i walk past. When i open the top they will poke their heads out of the water thinking im going to feed them. If i hold the pellets in between my fingers they will suck the pellets out of my fingers. Over all they never hide. always looking for interaction with me. My heckelii's are the same at feeding time but other than that they just cruise around checking the sand for any scraps that are left.

So cute! What do you feed your severums?
The only severums I've seen available here are green, and gold: http://www.livefish.com.au/tropicals/cichlids/american/gold-severum-3-5cm.html
http://www.livefish.com.au/tropicals/cichlids/american/green-severum-3-5cm.html

Back
Top Bottom