Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

OB peacock Cichlid

I just bought a beautiful new tank set up of craigslist- 40 gallon long tank and a 20 gallon that both fit into one stand. Came with filters, heaters, airpump, tons of expesive decorations- all for a total of $65. The catch was that it came with a Ob peacock cichlid in the 40g, who is about 6 inches long. (also a eclipse catfish in the 20g). The fish is said to be aggressive according to the seller and therefore has to be kept by himself. I am wanting to self the cichlid at my LFS but do not know how much he would go for. If anyone has an idea that would be very helpful. Beautiful fish though.

(Also if anyone knows how much the 6'' eclipse catfish would go for that'd be awesome as well)

Old 10-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've seen large peacocks go for 40 dollars but depending what type it is and how it's colors are you could get maybe around 60. I'm not positive though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 10-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

It really depends by location. My LFS gives store credit but won't pay cash for fish. Most I've received for one fish is $20.00, before you take it in look to see what he's selling other fish for. Especially other OBs
Old 10-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Highly regional in nature. Around here OB peacocks are not an expensive fish. $20 for an adult at retail. Other peacocks will go for more.

Expect the store to give you a fraction of it's value in store credit.

Tags
cichlid, ich, peacock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com