Odd Behavier ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
K I'm newish to keeping Malawi knave 3 yellow labs 1 blue moori an a red zebra. The yellow labs are about 5 cm an every night as I'm dimming there lights 2 start showing out to each other an spin round an round in a tight circle they are the smaller 2 of the 3 no fins are nipped, is this jus a dominance order showing ?

If they are doing that and attacking each other then it would be a fight or they are showing breading behavior. I've seen them do the circle for both.

Im guessing there to small for breeding at this size, they calm down after a bit an go about grazing around the tank fascinating :)

Perryuk said:
Im guessing there to small for breeding at this size, they calm down after a bit an go about grazing around the tank fascinating :)

I think mine started when the female was about 1.5" and the male at 2". You may end up with a breeding pair and its common when young to go threw the motions showing untreated in each other

I have also had yellow lab's attempt to breed at about that size. They continued to go through the motions (unsuccessfully) until both male and female were a little bigger than 2 inches. Like mentioned earlier if no fins are nipped I would consider it just practicing. 

These 2 not even picked a cave or nothing guess its inexperience then they are I suppose young teenagers lol

Ok so I'm learning breed then select an area to protect. Great to think I'm providing the environment they may be thinking about it ! Still guess time will tell

Back
Top Bottom