Ok, fish ID without pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bucsnut79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm in the process of cycling my 110 and currently have about 8 africans, 1 - 2" in a 30 cube until the 110 is ready. My wife was at the store and just thought that all africans could go together.......so she found two "pretty" ones and decided to pick them up. I haven't seen them before and am trying to figure out what she got.

1. Dark charcoal grey almost black body, has orange tinted fins and has an orange tint to his body, almost irridescent orange.

2. Light grey body with a irridescent blue in his face, yellow dorsal and tail fins.

I wish I could get them to stay still long enough to get a decent pic. If they do I will post them.

Not sure if I uploaded these right, if I did the first pic is thing 1, and the second.....thing 2.

DSCN1438.JPG

DSCN1441.JPG

number 2 is an acei for sure... I've never seen an acei with orange fins, but I've heard that there are some, so number 1 might be an acei as well?

EDIT: Here's a link to cichlid forums profile page... there's a picture of one of the acei where the fins look orange like number 1

Thanks for the ID on thing 2.

As for thing 1, I don't think he's a red peacock......he doesn't have any blue in him.

Time will tell.... he still has a long way to go to colour up fully. A side shot to look at shape would be useful too. But from that pic it looks like a peacock.

Because red peacocks and red rubin peacocks are line-bred they all have varying degrees of redness and varying degrees of blue. The blue and red will intensify as he grows if it is one of these fish.

red peacock cichlid - Google Search=

red rubin peacock cichlid - Google Search=

Alternatively, you can go back to the shop where they came from and see what they have in their tanks. Your wife could help show you which tanks they came from. This will be the most reliable way to ID them.

Back
Top Bottom