Old world or new world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to have a lot of fish so that's why I chose mbuna as an example

Well then yeah, if you want boatloads of fish, go with mbuna. You overstock those anyway, they have great color, and there will be a ton of movement!

If you want a lot that makes sense but I just like a few giant personable fish. I guess we can all have our own opinions on cichlids they are all great.

If you want a lot that makes sense but I just like a few giant personable fish. I guess we can all have our own opinions on cichlids they are all great.

Haha yup! I'm sure i'll start a new world tank someday too lol

No no no no no please dont turn on me now

Vieja synspillium
Red head tapajos
Oscars
Black arow
Festae
Vieja argenta

Right there

Jags
Lysoni
Freddie
Motags
Grammodes
Severums
Red devil
Dovii

Obviously not all lol. Need more info.
Semi aggressive? Etc. severums, oscars, vieja
Aggressive? Etc.. Jags, grammodes, mota, red devil, dovii

Honestly I would try to do a jack dempsey and Oscar for sure the a large school of silver dollars with possibly a Severum and a Blue Acara that would look awesome IMO

Well ya I'm just saying they would look good in something like that or go with large super aggressive like Red Devils or jags they would look bad *** in something like that.

Yes if you went new world dwarfs you could have many different species like rams, rainbow cichlids, cockatoo cichlids and quite a few more. Plus you could probably have some large schools of tetras and mid sized catfish.

IN large groups ram aggression is less. I keep several pairs together have many spawns and little to no aggression. In smaller tanks, there are many misconceptions about the dwarfs in the hobby

I'll probably get a pair of geophagus, a gold severum, and a festae to start out with.

Back
Top Bottom