OMG!!! I found the fish I want!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
:jump: woo-hoo!!! Blue Dolphin Hap
Holey Cow... I have never seen one of these before, I love him....
I want one!!! well actually until alot more research is done, I want whatever makes them happy... I know they get big....and they need at least 60-90 gallons when YOUNG, but they were referring to needing at least 15 fish to reduce the aggression. so for a little more my speed, being full grown, would they thrive in lets say 120 gallons, and maybe 4 or 5, 6 at the most??
I wonder if I could even talk my husband into them... He'd have a cow over the tank, but he wants one in the wall downstairs in the basement, hmmmmm.... Im thinking home improvement??? 8)

max size I have so far found is 6 inches... anyone know differently?

alright, I attached a picture, never done this before, so not sure if it attached, sure hope so!

Blue dolphins are gorgeous cichlids. I don't keep that kind of cichlid, but have seen them at my LFS. For more info, post on cichlid-forum.com.

My understanding was that they (Cyrtocara moorii) reached 8 inches.

Let me see... http://www.malawicichlids.com/mw08033.htm Yep, about 8 inches total length.

Yep. I remember that coz I was going to get some for a 100 gallon I'm setting up until I found out how large they grow! MalawiCichlids.com recommends a 180+ gallon tank for these guys, as they like to swim.

Wow! That Blue Dolphin Hap is sweet looking!

They need 180 gallons? Well, doesn't look like I'll get those anytime soon.

I'm going to start off with something easy (Tetras, Barbs maybe :?: ) but I'd like a Cichlid tank eventually.

Rob

hey mel, be glad ya found one,, been looking for one or a pair for a time in atlanta they dont seem be popular

Hey glass are you a member of the atlanta club? If not you should join. A few months ago some one sold a pair of 9in adults at one of the meetings.

Back
Top Bottom