Omg.... I Have Fry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j4m35

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well really wasnt expecting this... my blood parrot has layed atleast 3 times already all infertile and have been eaten within 3 to 4 days of being layed...i noticed on sunday that she had another batch so didnt think anything of it and was just making sure that they wernt around to long if they started to grow fungus.... but today i noticed she was really paying attention to an area of the tank that is rarelly used and has good cover, so good that i cant see whats going on without turning off the filter and looking from the top of the water into the tank. and my shock all i can see is the bottom of the tank wriggeling... so i stuck a tube in and sucked a bit up to see what it was and let it out in the little hatchery i have for mums guppys... and to me shock and awe swimming aroun is atleast 20 to 30 fry. so im going to look after these ones and let her look after the others, she seems to be doing a brilliant job.
but i suppose the question you are all asking is... 'but i thought they were infertile... what fertalized the eggs?'... well... dad is a beautiful texas cichlid

Congratulations, I am not sure you will have much of a market to sell them later but all spawns are a wonderful thing IMO.

Back
Top Bottom