? on bricardi fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wy Renegade

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody had bricardi reproduce for them? I've got new fry in my mixed peacock/bricardi tank and they are the tiniest I've ever seen. About 1/8" in length and maybe 1/16" in diameter. No pictures didn't have the camera with me today. Based on the fact that smaller bricardi is hanging in the area and seems to be defending the brood, I'm assuming they are bricardi, but not sure. Appreciate any input. TIA

I had a colony of neo's and the smaller fish will guard the newly hatched fry if that's the question you asking.

My colony was breeding like convicts and was contstantly finding newly hatched fry.

I had a colony of neo's and the smaller fish will guard the newly hatched fry if that's the question you asking.

My colony was breeding like convicts and was contstantly finding newly hatched fry.

Thanks HUKIT, guess I wasn't very clear with my question. I wanted to know if bricardi fry were truly that small.

Oh yeah... most definitely. I had a small colony once and saw fry all the time. They were TINY. It was also very cool how even the bigger fry protected the smaller fry. If they're hanging out around the other brichardi, I'd put money on it that that's what they are.

Very cool thanks guys. That was my feeling, but I wasn't 100% sure. The only other option was the peacocks.

Back
Top Bottom