One of my fish is itching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an ob peacock, just got him, unfortunately i don't have a quarantine tank (no room I'm my appt.) He seems to be itching occasionally on rocks, is this possible ich? If so, now what. I'm assuming I'll have to treat my whole tank, what symptoms can I look for?

What are the parameters of the water. Could be different than what your new fish is used to and that could be irritating you fish. If it is ich you can turn your heat up on your tank and give it time. 86 degrees is a good temp to help treat ich.

The parameters are perfect, 0 for ammonia and nitrites and nitrates are under 10

Small white spots anywhere on the body or fins

Try to get a pic if you can?

It was just the new ob that I brought home, no white spots, and he doesn't do it anymore.

It was just the new ob that I brought home, no white spots, and he doesn't do it anymore.

Keep an eye on him... My fish did that too she used to scratch herself on every single ornament and it was ich..... I didn't see white spots at first.. A couple days after I saw white spots all over her body... So yeah you better keep an eye on him...

Keep an eye on him... My fish did that too she used to scratch herself on every single ornament and it was ich..... I didn't see white spots at first.. A couple days after I saw white spots all over her body... So yeah you better keep an eye on him...

Will do

Back
Top Bottom