Opinions on flag cichlid/festivum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my lfs also received some Mesonauta festivus or flag cichlids. They are very small right now, about 1.5 - 2". I understand they get up to 6", which is very comparable to the angelfish. I'm planning on getting one and putting it with an angelfish, and some blue and pearl gouramis in a 29 gallon tank. Is this a good idea? What are some opinions on combining the flag cichlid with angels and gouramis, or even Bolivian rams?

Either of the Mesonauta, the Gouramis, or the Bolivian Rams would be good choices. They are slow moving, laid back, peaceful species. I would go with these fish in a 29 gallon tank. Probably only 1 of each species except for the rams (smaller fish, only 3 1/2 inches) though. I would put in 2 of these.

thanks

That was what I was thinking. So I'm thinking an angelfish (6"), a flag cichlid as we discussed (6"), 2 Bolivian rams (7" total), 3 panda cories (3 X 2" = 6"), and an opaline gourami (4.5"). That gives me 29.5" of fish in my 29 gallon.

Thanks for your input. :)

Back
Top Bottom