opinions on stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachelstylist

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Stocking my 55 galoon:
currently in there is
3 raibow fish (1 1/2")
1 blue dempsey (3 1/2")
1 convict (2")
1 gold gourami (3")
1 spotted Raphael (2")

in quarentine:
2 blood parrots (1 1/2")
1 regular dempsey (tiny)

considering eventually moving into 100 gallon.
How does my stock list sound?

Oh yeah, i have a ehiem 2216 and hob whisper 40gallon and a long air strip/bubbler.

How soon is eventually? That is allot of fish for a 55 gallon. There maybe some compatibility issues down the road as well.

Which ones do you think will not be compatible?
I was going to give it a few months to get settled in.

Is the blue dempsey what they call the electric blue dempsey?

Once the regular dempsey grows up, it might not like that many fish in the tank, and start to systematically take everyone out. Or the convict may take out the regular dempsey.

Bloodparrots can be very aggressive as well.

If you have a male convict, it may breed with the female blood parrot, causing aggression issues in your tank.

It is an electric blue Dempsey. Previously I had 2 blood parrots, a convict, two nics, two salvinis in with these guys for about a month. Unfortunatly, I had a parasite wipe out all but the cat, the convict and the gold gourami. They all lived fine together.
So far, the current fish are doing fine but I haven't added the new blood parrots and tiny jack Dempsey.

Keep an eye out. What worked before, may not work again. Just have a plan B ready for any aggression issues.

Back
Top Bottom