Orange Blossom Hybrid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood parrots can't even close their mouth due to deformities from hybridizing....why create a fish that can't defend itself or eat properly?

And once again, NO one is saying kill all hybrids on earth...they are saying to cull hybrid fry, basically feed the, to something that would normally eat fish anyway!

I'm done with this because its the same thread that's popped up 7 times in the past year. Go read the other threads, every argument you can make for or against them has already been made...

Honestly to sit here and listen too ya I do agree that with breeding some behavioral issues and yes deformities can happen but that happens even in the purest of bloodlines , and also cross breeding does happen natural in the wild in many species wether fish , reptiles , birds and even humans for that matter . It isn't just because of humans that it has happened , it's a natural process in all aspects , it's a matter of choice and choice only .

HUMANS CANNOT HYBRIDIZE! Oy vey! I'm sorry, but to see this continuously thrown around is ridiculous! Humans are ALL HMO sapiens, whether they did in fact hybridize with Neanderthals or not, even if they did, the DNA would be so diluted that it would be nonexistent.

And no, deformities by hybridization are NOT the same as natural deformities. Nearly every blood parrot has this issue. In a population of any pure species, there is going to be a minute chance of this deformity occurring.

HUMANS CANNOT HYBRIDIZE! Oy vey! I'm sorry, but to see this continuously thrown around is ridiculous! Humans are ALL HMO sapiens, whether they did in fact hybridize with Neanderthals or not, even if they did, the DNA would be so diluted that it would be nonexistent.

And no, deformities by hybridization are NOT the same as natural deformities. Nearly every blood parrot has this issue. In a population of any pure species, there is going to be a minute chance of this deformity occurring.

Lol if humans don't cross breed what is a interracial relationship ? Get you facts straight before you go on a banter ? And leave the kid alone . And no not all humans were homosapiens there were like 4-5 different sub species through out evolution . Just because you can google doesn't make you know everything .

A hybrid is two different species! Humans are ALL the same species! An interracial relationship is the same thing as combining two color morphs within a species, there is no hybridizing. My facts are 100% straight.

Lol if humans don't cross breed what is a interracial relationship ? .

Congratulations that's the most ignorant post I've read today. Interracial couples are cross breeding? We're ALL still homo sapiens, or at least all the mitochondrial DNA results state so. You really need to go back to Google and spend a few minutes educating yourself before spouting off nonsense such as that, especially to call someone else out with something that's so ridiculously wrong.

Last edited:
How in the world did this thread get so turned upside down? Last I knew this was a fish forum and not one where we discuss the DNA make up of humans.
I have no comment on cichlid hybrids because I know nothing about the species. I honesty couldn't tell you if the fish posted above is a peacock, mloto or even a cross between an Oscar and a snuffleupagus but it sure is pretty.

A Human hybridization equation would look like something like this:

Female Homo sapien + male Anas platyrhynchos = Howard theDuckus.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hey leave howard the duck out of this! I loved (love) that movie. As long as your fish dosent crawl out and start killing or cross breading with everything it sees you do what you want to your tank. Its your own little river/ lake.

There's no problem with hybrids (given a lack of deformities like inability to close mouth,no tail, extreme aggression, etc), but when they start being sold, especially as "pure" specimens, then problems arise.

Yet another reason look up To HUKIT in this hobby, a good sense of humor ;)

There's no problem with hybrids (given a lack of deformities like inability to close mouth,no tail, extreme aggression, etc), but when they start being sold, especially as "pure" specimens, then problems arise.

Yet another reason look up To HUKIT in this hobby, a good sense of humor ;)

I can agree with that. My accidental hybrids are better lookin then their parents.

If there's no deformities and they aren't being sold as pure fish, then I see no problem. It's no different then all these fin types. They're bred to be pleasing to the eye.

It's a hobby which means buy, sell, trade. And people get mad when the crosses get put in the mix and claimed to be pure breeds

The issue is that there generally are deformities, and then there's he issue that you may sell them as hybrids, but who's to say the next person does? Or if they breed them and sell the offspring as pure. Or even if you give them away. Same issue. It's just better to prevent the muddying of bloodlines by not creating hybrids, especially with fish that aren't commonly imported. It's sad when I actually have to search hard to find a true red devil, or Midas cichlid. They're almost all midevils, a hybrid of the two. Most Red Devils seen these days don't even have the large lips that earned them the species name amphilophus labiatus

Ok I'm sorry... Should I be sacrificed to vampires, as they naturally eat us?

Is this your immature way of crying out for attention? These stupid responses simply make you look and sound foolish! If that's what your looking to do then congrats you've nailed it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom