Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Srry to interrupt but I was wondering what happened to huckit I never see him on here anymore but I agree with the green terror on side note beautiful fish!! And with firemouths it would be amazing
There are many more than just Hukit gone 5x5 garfy cbourg just to name a few. Lots of knowledge gone.

Cbourg got banned, I still speak with him, Andrew McFadden comes on every so often, but he is on Facebook groups mostly. Haven't heard from Garfy in a while. Mogurako and HUKIT go fed up with the "I know everything" attitude of many of the brand new members at that time, as well as the immaturity that this forum often shows unfortunately. Basically, none of us were truly learning anything from this forum and when people stopped appreciating the advice and saying "well I'm going with 'x' instead of the proper thing, 'y' like you advised", there was no point in sticking around. Plus there was a crackdown on several of us for turning some threads into conversations instead of about the topic by the mods and I know it annoyed some of the people mentioned above. Miss seeing them all on here. I stayed because I get bored and like to look around on here from time to time

Cbourg got banned, I still speak with him, Andrew McFadden comes on every so often, but he is on Facebook groups mostly. Haven't heard from Garfy in a while. Mogurako and HUKIT go fed up with the "I know everything" attitude of many of the brand new members at that time, as well as the immaturity that this forum often shows unfortunately. Basically, none of us were truly learning anything from this forum and when people stopped appreciating the advice and saying "well I'm going with 'x' instead of the proper thing, 'y' like you advised", there was no point in sticking around. Plus there was a crackdown on several of us for turning some threads into conversations instead of about the topic by the mods and I know it annoyed some of the people mentioned above. Miss seeing them all on here. I stayed because I get bored and like to look around on here from time to time

Its a shame. I also talk to cbourg on Fb and text. You and all of them helped me out in the beginning and made the hobby more enjoyable. I seem to come here out of habit now just to see whats going on.

Not that I am by any means as knowledgable as they are - cuz I'm not. I see their point. Why ask for opinions I you're only gonna listen to what u want to hear? I was helped very much by the likes of them. They had REAL knowledge. It's nice to see gecko and community cichlid around to share their awesome info still though!! ?

And even then, TCC and I are quite young, we lack the overall experience that those members have. We do have a decent amount of book knowledge thoug

I know TCC is in college if im not mistaken so im about 2 1/2 x older but age has nothing to do with knowledge its the experience with the hobby.

Can parrots work and how does a sevurem look like

Someone at school told me in his big boy tank he has 4 Oscars a clown knife 11 silver dollars and 2 deacons or something like that

Don't do a red terror even in a 310 gallon tank it can kill him. Look into these fish as tankmates.

Severum
Green Terror
Blue Acara
Firemouth Cichlid
Chocolate Cichlid
Salvini Cichlid
Silver Dollars
Lima Shovelnose Catfish
Clown Loach

Here's a green Terror pic

You could do a stock of
Your 2 oscars
1- Green Terror
1- Severum
7- Silver Dollars
1- Lima Shovelnose Catfish

Or you could do

2- Oscars
1- Firemouth
1- Salvini Cichlid
1- Severum
1- Green Terror
5- Clown Loach
5- Silver Dollars

Love all the fish here except the chocolate chiclid

2 sevurem
2 big plecos
Maybe a green terror ( what's it sientific name my lfs wants to know )

And what more

True green terror is andinoacara stalsbergi
False green terror (most common and is generally referred to as a green terror and sold as such) is andinoacara rivulatus
Gold/silver/white saum is andinoacara sp. "gold saum" or "silver saum".

Stalsbergi are the real deal, but have become rare in the hobby. Most people just get rivulatus. The whole name "green terror" is ridiculously confusing and makes very little sense on what is what, but for sure, you have the Green Terror (stalsbergi, who actually fits the name 'terror' from my understanding) and you have the Saums (rivulatus, but some sources list a 3rd species as a. sp. gold saum or a. sp. silver saum). Rivulatus are much more laid back then stalsbergi, and grow a bit larger, but stalsbergi are much less common, more desireable, and seem to have better personalities. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse too much. If you have a good LFS, this is why they are asking for the scientific name

She's the best it almost feel like a home business but she helps you alot she was even at my home once to help with my discus

2 sevurem
2 big plecos
Maybe a green terror ( what's it sientific name my lfs wants to know )

And what more

I know it's a 300 gallon tank but that's almost to much with 2 oscars. The oscars need about 125 gallons of the water. Then the 2 Plecos Need about 125 of it to as far as bioload goes. I would do something like

2- Oscars
1- Pleco
Green Terror
2- Severums
5- Silver Dollars

Someone at school told me in his big boy tank he has 4 Oscars a clown knife 11 silver dollars and 2 deacons or something like that

Wow four oscars how big is that tank. I wouldn't suggests somthing like that I like Severums I will tag a pic in just a min

There are many more than just Hukit gone 5x5 garfy cbourg just to name a few. Lots of knowledge gone.

It's a shame miss seeing them around huckit and 5x5 and all the others it's not the same. But like it was said still happy to see people like gecko on here.

Back
Top Bottom