oscar and plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruha101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking to upgrade my Oscar tank to a planted tank. I know the Oscar likes to rearange the tank any plant suggestions that he may not bother to much?

Good luck my adult pair ravaged every live plant, moved rocks, shifted driftwood, dislodged canister intake and even broke a heater, dug up fake plants. Then I figured it's their world and Im just cleaning it.

Well I guess that's a good way of looking at it. I am going to try a small piece of driftwood and some moss to start out and see where it goes

If you're going with driftwood (which is a good idea) then moss is your best bet. But if you would like some leafy plants then I'd go with Java Ferns. Just be sure to tie them (with fishing line or UN-flavored dental floss) directly to the driftwood. (don't bury them) They'll die if you do. The Oscars shouldn't mess with them all too much because they seem to taste bad to fish...

Ok well I ordered my driftwood last night hope it looks nice I will post some pics when I get it in the tank

Back
Top Bottom