Oscar Discoloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello AA fellows, I have recently realized my Oscar is losing some color on the tips of his tails. Anything i can do to help him. The tips are basically becoming transparent and the tail is fading a bit from black. Also the dorsal does too.

How big is your oscar? Usually the ends of their fins are white or transparent which is new growth. A healthy growing oscar will have a wide band of white to transparent at the fin ends.

How big is your oscar? Usually the ends of their fins are white or transparent which is new growth. A healthy growing oscar will have a wide band of white to transparent at the fin ends.
He's very young. Probably 3'' at most. Thank's for the help.

That's what is happening then. It's growth is starting to take off. Probably looks like this pic I added

Attachments

• image-1919260563.jpg
    image-1919260563.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 101
Yeah, but mine is a bit more:3. I was thinking of buying an oscar similar to the one on the pic, if it's you'res. Mine has a bit of coloration:) Not as much as that one.

Yeah, but mine is a bit more:3. I was thinking of buying an oscar similar to the one on the pic, if it's you'res. Mine has a bit of coloration:) Not as much as that one.

Do you have a red Oscar or a tiger Oscar the one in the picture is a red Oscar

And the color you see is like the other AA member said he's growing

Back
Top Bottom