Osci has his own thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks a lot people! I enjoy the way it looks right now as well...

Actually!, to my suprise... with all the unnatural decor, my fish are the least aggressive that theyve ever been.

I removed all the natural rock and ignored the idea of creating a ton of hiding spots. Now all the super aggressive fish i have, show slim to zero aggression!!!

Pretty exciting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think my next build will be a discus tank. Ive had my fun with african cichlids and their aggression and breeding...

It'll be a long time before i get another large tank but i think im gonna give it a shot at a completely natural discus tank with live plants and such...

Go for it! Those are challenging to keep for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Challenging just due to health instability? Not a real hearty fish?

Not hardy is correct, my upstairs neibor had 10 and they all died because she didn't know what she was doing.

Not hardy is correct, my upstairs neibor had 10 and they all died because she didn't know what she was doing.

That is a lot of money that just got flushed down the toilet... Ouch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

That is a lot of money that just got flushed down the toilet... Ouch.

Really it comes down to your dedication to water changes and a healthy diet. Choosing healthy stock (breeder or online preferred) is key. I got mine and had columnaris I had to treat them for. Lost 1 in that incident, it happened not long after I got them from the store.

They really are much tougher than people say at least in my experience. Columnaris is a raging disease and I treated mine with salt for almost a week before my meds got there.

Caleb

She also had a big Green terror that got killed, so she flushed it down the toilet and it clogged it! Lol I couldn't help but laugh.

She also had a big Green terror that got killed, so she flushed it down the toilet and it clogged it! Lol I couldn't help but laugh.

Cruel but I cracked a smile on that one lol.

Caleb

Lol its sad but it's my wife's friend and from what I saw in her tank was 2 or three Texas 1 young flower horn, 2 Bala sharks, lots of electric blues, a parrot,4 jewels and some others. In a 90

I want to hear more about fully planted discus tanks and experiences with them.

Health
Tank mates
Setup
Purchasing
Etc...

I want to hear more about fully planted discus tanks and experiences with them.

Health
Tank mates
Setup
Purchasing
Etc...

If you find my thread, named "Caleb's Tanks" I'm running a 75g planted discus tank. It's updated often.

Caleb

RedDevil83- my aunt used to have tanks, she had a 9inch Pleco and when she flushed it, it clogged. She kept flushing (smart) and her toilet overflowed a bit! This was years and years and years ago though, she wouldn't do that today!

RedDevil83- my aunt used to have tanks, she had a 9inch Pleco and when she flushed it, it clogged. She kept flushing (smart) and her toilet overflowed a bit! This was years and years and years ago though, she wouldn't do that today!

Lol! I got to get rid of my 10 inch pleco but nor that way haha!

And back to the subject... discus...

Love it!

Im usually a fan of a natural theme if i can, but i like those bright colors too! I either need very bright and vibrant or as natural looking as possible, if its in between I'm just not happy!

But again, i ❤️ your tank!

WOW!!! COOL STUFF
Nice job man. I really like it ! [emoji225]

Well is there a way you can direct me to your thread?

Curious of
Hardiness
Tank mates
Setup
Purchasing/prices
Etc

Back
Top Bottom