Our first fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
13 in all. Some were eaten but my husband rushed home to separate her. She was separated by a mesh liner but the gaps on the side allowed a few fry to ease out and yes ....swallowed by greedy cichlids!

Very nice! I have had a handful of mbuna holding and it so hard to catch and separate I haven't tried. Never seen fry yet. Plus I don't know what to do if I catch her!

Old old is your fry? She looks a few weeks old compared to what my fry looked like. I almost got some like that today!! They look so fun to watch parent! Congrats!

My husband said "we're going to fry um up"! Lol! Not the way he rushed home to check on his new fry! We don't know what we are going to do with them really Other than fatten them up!

They were birthed yesterday1/17 a day after my bday! It was so cool to watch. I I freaked out! My husband acted like an old pro! But yes it is really adding additions to the family! So cute!

I remember when my jacks eggs hatched. I videoed them I was so excited! Then I moved everything else out of the tank so the parents could parent. And then I move the parents after a month and let the babies have the tank. Jack fry literally look like baby ants!!!! But it was 200-300 of them!!! About 70 lived to see a few months and today about 25 live I have given them to family I didn't have room. jacks get big! The babies are about 5-6" now parents are about 8" a and growing!

Congrats on your new babies again!

Wow Candi! That is a success story! Hope we can give a couple away and keep a couple! I will keep posts of their growth.

Back
Top Bottom