Our New Set Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdoyle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here is a Pic of my new setup ( 75 g ) with crushed coral substrait and many rocks for the fish to enjoy. It been up for almost 2 months. Just did a new arrangment for the new fish we bought, added some plants and more rocks. We had just one death out of the nine, thinking it was beat up prior to purchase. I have a red zebra that is about 3.5 to 4 inches long, an I am willing to trade ( local only Fort Lauderdale area ) for a couple of smaller less aggressive cichlid. We have a mix in our tank cant recall the names, maybe the pic can help. My girlfriend setup the tank in one day, without any help from me, I was impressed, I had to help with little ajustments. There is one fish that has a bulging throat. Could be that it is carrying eggs? Hope you enjoy the pic . We are open to anyone who has a any suggestions, that would improve our setup.
thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0284.jpg
    DSCN0284.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN0286.jpg
    DSCN0286.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0279.jpg
    DSCN0279.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0231.jpg
    DSCN0231.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 68
That is a great looking tank. The fish with the bulging throat may very well be holding? Does she actively eat? Usually they don't eat while holding. That is not always the rule, but mostly.

The one with the big throat usually stays to the side when the others are eating. Last night I did notice that it did take a nibble of a piece of flake, but very small.
Yesterday my girl friend noticed that we have 2 very small babies about an 1/4" (6.3mm) in the tank. One is orange and the other has no color that I could see. They are hiding between the rocks and it is hard to see them. We were concerned that with the reset of the tank on Friday, that we may have or could have explosed them to the other fish or killed some babies with the rocks . We mostly worked on the right side of the tank and did touch the left side.
I hope they make it, because there is no way I could catch them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom