Outside aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guychiclid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to get a few tips about keeping a cichlid aquarium outside. I recently moved my 50 gal tank outside because I could no longer keep it inside the house. I have 7 cichlids in there and a pleco. My only problem now is maintenance, do I need a uv sterilizer? Anything u should take in consideration with types of fish?

Please keep in mind it's in a shady place, not directly under sun light.

Thanks.

Concern #1 temperature concerns.. How's the weather out there, how do u plan on.keeping it stable.

#2 tank cover. Top covers for tank to prevent bugs and dust from going in as well as water vapor from escaping

Well it's Israel so it's pretty warm throughout the year. And there is a top cover for the aquarium. My only concern is algae and sunlight.

You could always put a thick blanket over the tank while you are not there or during the time that the sun will hit the tank. Not the best idea but it's an cheep one.

I would use a plastic tub for it, rather than a glass tank. I know people who do this in the summers here in Michigan, but obviously are winters get freezing cold so no long term here

Back
Top Bottom