P. Acei

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kade

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone tell me from experience what the P. Acei are like

Mbunas is always better with mbunas because they always move and push on every one, almost never hide. The pseudotropheus acei is very easy and not to aggressive. Eats algae base food and stay under 4 inches!
Pretty cool fish and the easiest cichlids are the mbunas.

... and stay under 4 inches!

Acei's actually get upwards of 6".

Pics I took in 2007:

Here's one that's a little over 4":
img_1354344_0_8f7e994bf21ada0145a81d06a621ccbb.jpg

Less than optimal photo (as it is hard to take a photo, hold a ruler to the glass and have the acei in the right postion in the same instant), but here's the same acei (on the left) with an even larger specimen (center) approaching 5":
img_1354344_1_f05e59d4b48b61850b70aa8528bf674f.jpg

The males I had in 2007 were nearly 6" several years later.

Once they get this size they're slightly more aggressive (particularly males when it comes to vying for breeding rights), but nowhere near the aggression of most other mbuna's. Most of their aggression was of the no-contact variety (displays and short ranged pursuits). Under 4" they were really peaceful.

Can anyone tell me from experience what the P. Acei are like

I have 3 White Tail Acei and so far they seem to be pretty mellow compared to some other Mbunas. They tend to stay close to each other and hang out with my Electric Yellow labs. The Bright Yellow of the labs & the Black bodies of the Acei look beautiful together.
I really like the personalities of the Acei.
Here is a picture of a White Tail Acei just to compare to the picture of the regular Acei. And another pic with the Acei and labs together.

That is a nice little set up you have there. Nice fish to :D

Wendi is that stump a plastic one from penn plax I just realized that was also my last decoration addition to my tank lol

Wendi is that stump a plastic one from penn plax I just realized that was also my last decoration addition to my tank lol

It's actually made of resin but, I got it so long ago that I don't remember who made it. But it is by far my fishes the favorite decoration. It's the one territory that my Mbunas share, it's kind of funny.
I have a couple of rocks hidden in my tank, which African Cichlids are suppose to love, they ignore them completely.

:) Resin ya thats what it is lol my Peacocks swim through it but none of them set up in it. Its the newest edition so Ill give it time.

:) Resin ya thats what it is lol my Peacocks swim through it but none of them set up in it. Its the newest edition so Ill give it time.

None of mine picked it as a place to call home, but they all play in in it. Swimming in and out of all the different holes. It's a good safe decoration that's useful. Good choice, your Peacocks will learn to love it I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom