Pack of Bolivian rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thought about doing a species only tank, 125, just Bolivian rams, I heard they have a tendency to group in quantities larger than four? Anyone have experience in this?

Ideas for another species?:)

Yes they do tend to "school" up when in larger groups but do make sure to provide enough space in case they start to breed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That sounds awesome, but I'd really consider some type of dither fishes that will hang out at the middle or top for the reason previously mentioned, breeding.

Also, unless you have an amazing and large display of floating plants, their tendency to hang at the bottom and squabble is cool, but at least in my tank, it was lacking. I found a school of smaller, shoaling fish REALLY ads interest. Mine looked awesome with Green Flame tetras, but there are tons of others that would look great with that kind of set up.

That sounds awesome, but I'd really consider some type of dither fishes that will hang out at the middle or top for the reason previously mentioned, breeding.

Also, unless you have an amazing and large display of floating plants, their tendency to hang at the bottom and squabble is cool, but at least in my tank, it was lacking. I found a school of smaller, shoaling fish REALLY ads interest. Mine looked awesome with Green Flame tetras, but there are tons of others that would look great with that kind of set up.

I wonder if celebese rainbows would work. That would be sweet. Bolivian rams, and a school of celebese.

I wonder if celebese rainbows would work. That would be sweet. Bolivian rams, and a school of celebese.

Both should work as long as tank ph is kept around neutral, would always recheck the celebes when the rams breed cause some can be more protective than others.

Back
Top Bottom