Pain in the butt pleco!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Never see my Pleco eat! I drop in his wafers making sure the cichlids don't get them just for him to swim right by them. How do I know he is getting enough nutrition??? I have put veggies in too. Never see him eat anything!!!

How long have you had it? Mine wouldn't eat the wafers at first but now she goes straight to them. And you can check to see if its bellys caved in when its on the glass. If its rounded or flat you're good but if it caved in a little than its near starving.

I have had him for about 4 months I think. So I know he has to be eating something. But in that time I have never seem him eat. And I have dropped the wafers right next to him and he swims right over everything. He has been in 2 tanks. The tanks can't possibly have that much algae and he is a pooping machine!

Oh well then you know you're good. Mine goes right after any leftover flakes too. Id leave a wafer in when you turn your lights out.
Haha yeah mine poops nonstop

most are nocturnal so eating at night is possible

We never see my husband's pleco actually eat, but he's got himself a nice round belly and he's growing bigger, so he's definitely getting good nutrition.

Yea I have been throwing a couple in at night. He has to be eating I just would feel better if I could witness it one time! Lol

My pleco (clown) just sits under my wood all day. i got him more for his looks and because i want to get alot of his poop. i have a friend who grows algae for food.

I did have drift wood in his old tank but I need to find a new piece for this one. He didn't pay any attention to it in the other tank but I will out one in this one too just in case.

Back
Top Bottom