Pair of mixed Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarjo Pepper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking about a tank for the future, with the possibility of having angels. So far my research has told me that the least risky scenario is to get a single angel and to keep it with peaceful non-nippers. Otherwise I have to worry about the possibility of pairs forming and becoming aggressive at spawn time. I also know that simply keeping two angels won't necessarily lead to a pair.
If I were to keep two different varieties, hypothetically a gold and a koi, would they be aggressive as they are not the same variety, and do they have the possibility of forming a pair even if they are not the same variety?:thanks:

Really need an expert. I have a pair with the female probably a third of the size of the male and very different colour. They have marked out a space of say a square foot but I've still got a fair bit of room left.

They're the same species just different color morphs so yes they can and will pair producing fry. As far as aggression that's more a individual personality and differs from fish to fish.

Back
Top Bottom