Pairing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I was wondering what is the amount of time it would take for some shellies to pair up?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't really know about brevis, but from my extensive and futile research on multis, they don't really pair, they form colonies. If you only have a pair you should get more females.

I have a ten gallon, I'm only keeping 3-6 in there, and I will sell the rest back to my LFS for in-store credit

A 10 gallon is fine, I just wanted to suggest adding like 5 at the same time. That's what I'm doing in my 20h whenever I finally get them... if I ever get them lol

My LFS gets an almost weekly shipment in. The owner has a friend who is a local importer. They have 3 kinds of shellies

I live in the worst place for fishkeeping in the country. Shelldwellers are actually techniacally illegal here. I special ordered them at the LFS 6 weeks ago and they still dont have them.

Yeah. No one enforces it, but it's still a massive pain to get good fish around here. I'm paying around $80 for my 5 multies between shipping and the cost of the fish...

Anyway, just add a few more, maybe rearrange the tank to give them equal footing, and allegedly theyll breed like guppies.

Just get your LFS at your parents to get them, then drive over there, pick them up and go back home. It would be so much cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My parents are 8 hours away, and I don't have a car. And the cost of gas would be more than the cost of shipping lol

Back
Top Bottom