Parrot cichlid Tankmates...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsaye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm still debating on what to do with my 55 gal. I went to the pet store to look around today to get some ideas and seen the parrot fish. Everything I've looked up has given me different answers. One site said in my size tank I could have: 2-3 parrots, butterfly rams, black skirt tetras, panda Cory's or upside down catfish and killifish.. Is this really a good stocking idea? I do like all those fish and think it would be a beautiful tank, but that site says those are good tank mates and others say completely different fish. Any suggestions on tank mates would be great!

I would only do 1 parrot. They love to dig up and rip up plants too fyi. I think the fish you listed would work fine with parrots. You might want to PM LyndaB about them because she has lots of experience with them.

Okay, I'll message her. Good to know about the plants, I'm doing a natural theme with rocks, ledges and was going to have real plants in there as well. Thanks for the reply!

Tsaye said:
Okay, I'll message her. Good to know about the plants, I'm doing a natural theme with rocks, ledges and was going to have real plants in there as well. Thanks for the reply!

Id go with fake plants and glue them to the bottom under the rocks lol :)

I think that's what I'll do. I was looking online and I did find some pretty realistic looking plants that I can use. I love planning new tanks! I might have to get a bigger house, I'm running out of room! Lol

Back
Top Bottom