"Peaceful" Cichlid Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just thought an even balance of bottom feeders and top feeders are usually a good match just as long as they don't kill eachother.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Agreed simple isn't what people always want, but people generally don't want to see their fish eaten. I will agree that most catfish don't fit the bill for this tank but that doesn't mean one is needed. There is no need for a catfish or "bottom feeder" for this tank. Why not avoid the hassle all together and not add a fish eater. I can say for a fact I've been doing this longer, I would recommend no bottom feeder before I jeopardize my stock with a fish that might munch on them. Why waste the time or take that chance, even with non predatory cats, why compensate for the bio load?

Im not sure if you're trying to prove a point here or what, but all that typing you just did, to tell me that a Catfish isn't necessary, wasn't necessary. Me and the OP both are smart enough to tell you that that arent needed. I also was aware of the fact that some are predatory. But, they are also interesting animals and no matter what you say they help in some aspects. Sure they make bioload, but so does any leftover food. And if the OP chooses his fish wisely he should have too much of a problem with fish being eaten in a 4 foot tank, with only 3 Catfish that aren't super predators and that aren't very big either.

And sure, the BN and the Cories don't need to be in the tank together. But then, we don't need either of them. And then you could say we just don't need the fish tank at all, and we should just let them go into the wild.

The while hobby is about creating something that you enjoy and appreciate and when you lose sight of that you lose the essence of the hobby and life overall. Im not sure if I'm right, but you seem to be a little bit off of you normal respectfulness, and it bothers me that you seem to think that the enjoyment side of things is less valuable than having a Tetra or two eaten, or 10 more PPM of Nitrates a week.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Im not sure if you're trying to prove a point here or what, but all that typing you just did, to tell me that a Catfish isn't necessary, wasn't necessary. Me and the OP both are smart enough to tell you that that arent needed. I also was aware of the fact that some are predatory. But, they are also interesting animals and no matter what you say they help in some aspects. Sure they make bioload, but so does any leftover food. And if the OP chooses his fish wisely he should have too much of a problem with fish being eaten in a 4 foot tank, with only 3 Catfish that aren't super predators and that aren't very big either.

And sure, the BN and the Cories don't need to be in the tank together. But then, we don't need either of them. And then you could say we just don't need the fish tank at all, and we should just let them go into the wild.

The whole hobby is about creating something that you enjoy and appreciate and when you lose sight of that you lose the essence of the hobby. Im not sure if I'm right, but you seem to be a little bit off of you normal respectfulness, and it bothers me that you seem to think that the enjoyment side of things is less valuable than having a Tetra or two eaten, or 10 more PPM of Nitrates a week.

Sorry if that seemed a bit upfront. If you feel it needs a bit of arguing then feel free to PM me so we aren't switching up the topic of this thread, as you have already said your point.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

The while hobby is about creating something that you enjoy and appreciate and when you lose sight of that you lose the essence of the hobby and life overall. Im not sure if I'm right, but you seem to be a little bit off of you normal respectfulness, and it bothers me that you seem to think that the enjoyment side of things is less valuable than having a Tetra or two eaten, or 10 more PPM of Nitrates a week.

I'm not sure what your problem is but whatever, I'm done.

OP, good luck, I'm sure you've got it!

Back
Top Bottom