peacock bass/cichild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redtail....giant

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 80g tank with a peacock bass by itself, the tank might be too small but ill look for a bigger set up when the time is right. its been 5 months now and i think its time to add some more fishes but idk what can do well with this cichild.

They are big babies at that size, and will be bullied by larger fish although they are still piscavoire predators and will eat anything they can fit in their mouths. But really any other similar tempered central/south american will work from oscars to silver dollars, just be sure to have the new tankmates simiar sizes to the PB.

Okay i went to few local stores and although there were a lot a fish that i wanted, I still couldn't decided what to get however i did get one pleco.
i couldn't make up my mind on these species
-redtail catfish(if i do decide to get this i will have to get a biiger tank wich i was planning to get soon)
-jaguar cihild
-black ghost
-oscars(my last resort)
-black shark
-dragon goby
-bichir

Okay i went to few local stores and although there were a lot a fish that i wanted, I still couldn't decided what to get however i did get one pleco.
i couldn't make up my mind on these species
-redtail catfish(if i do decide to get this i will have to get a biiger tank wich i was planning to get soon)
-jaguar cihild
-black ghost
-oscars(my last resort)
-black shark
-dragon goby
-bichir
redtail cats get to 4 feet and dragon gobys are brackish. not sure on the others

Yes i been told they get pretty big, but how fast is their growth rate? when i first getting in to fish keeping i really wanted one but i had only a 10g tank to start off with lol it was way too small..

Yes i been told they get pretty big, but how fast is their growth rate? when i first getting in to fish keeping i really wanted one but i had only a 10g tank to start off with lol it was way too small..
i dont know how fast they grow,but why buy a fish you cant keep?

Everything except the bichir will outgrow that tank with PB, especially the RTC and the Jag will beat the snot out of him too.

I wasn't planning on actually getting all of them and put in one tank. Those where the only ones that caught my attention. I was actually going to wait to get a bigger tank but I guess I'll have to do it soon if I want the red tail. Thanks

i dont know how fast they grow,but why buy a fish you cant keep?

Oh no, I was sayin that when I first got my first tank (wich was a 10g) I wanted to get the rdc but I was told the grow big and fast, but now I have 80g and I'm getting a bigger tank soon..

Oh no, I was sayin that when I first got my first tank (wich was a 10g) I wanted to get the rdc but I was told the grow big and fast, but now I have 80g and I'm getting a bigger tank soon..
how big? i doubt it can support a 4 foot catfish

Back
Top Bottom