Peacock bass with white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niall.fraser

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tying to cure my peacock bass's white spot so I have been putting in treatment called mellafix and pimafix. I have also been increasing the water temp but 1 degree c everyday it's currently at 29 degrees. It started to get better but woke up this morning and it is getting worse. What other options do I have? If I put in salt will the peacock bass survive?

It will get worse before it gets better. Pimafix and melafix wont do anything for ich i dont think. Raise the temp and add salt will work. I think it will be ok with salt, maybe try half dose.

Thanks went to a aquarium store and they said melafix an pimafix were good they are pretty useless. but what is max temp I should keep the water?

Go for a temp of 87 farenheight i think is a good range and i used aquarium salt. I cant remember the recomended dosage though. Think it was a table spoon for every 5 gallons.

And sorry do I repeat this process everyday and how long do I have to do it for?

I kept my temp up at that degree for 16 days. After you see no white spots wait a few days and if it doesnt return you should be in the clear. Only replace salt when u do a water change and only replace the ammount of salt that was taken out since salt does not evaporate out of the water. If you just top off use fresh water dont add salt.

Their scales turn white when they get bit make sure your not treating something that doesn't need to be.... They are cichlids and most of them are aggressive just a suggestion

image-1225259928.jpg

Has gotten pretty bad but have added the aquarium salt and increased the heat to 29 degrees

Thats ich all right, not from fighting. Turn the temp up and keep it there for 2 weeks AFTER there are no visible spots left. The salt isn't really needed but a lot of people like to use it when treating ich. There are other medications for Ich such as copper safe or Rid Ich

Back
Top Bottom