peacock cichlid treats / air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 8 peacocks and a yellow lab. What would be a good occasional treat for them? I have a hang on back filter for now. Does this provide enough oxygen in the water? I'll be getting a canister soon. Will I need to get a bubbler when I use that kind? Thank you for your help =)

ForumRunner_20130615_191940.jpg

Your don't need air with a HOB filter. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you're switching to a canister to have just one (use both)..unless you are going to keep the HOB on it too (which I would do) plus it has your beneficial bacteria on it..you don't want to just get rid of it.

I feed mine frozen brine shrimp on occasion. With a solid dry food they don't need anything else but I like to change it up. When you switch to a canister if you output isn't creating enough surface agitation then you may need a bubbler. If you keep the hob you should be fine without one. I would keep the hob just for the extra filtration

I feed mine frozen brine shrimp on occasion. With a solid dry food they don't need anything else but I like to change it up. When you switch to a canister if you output isn't creating enough surface agitation then you may need a bubbler. If you keep the hob you should be fine without one. I would keep the hob just for the extra filtration

What other occasional treats is there? I've heard of veggie clips? Are they a good snack..? Or bloodworms? I'm still a noob to non-flake foods

What kind? Fresh out of a can? Does it make a mess..?

You can do fresh or heat some frozen up. Make sure you mush em up a bit too if they don't eat them(too big/depending on fish size), sometimes they have to sink then and be smaller.

But yes, bloodworms are a good "treat"..it would take alot of brine to give them a good treat..unless if they're smaller. Could do a rare treat of some small feeders too..

Back
Top Bottom