peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanden

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now i have a male red peacock and on accident a female yellow. just woundering cuz love there colours can i have more male peacocks in the tank. i have 90 gal there are other fish in the tank as well.

If so whats male to female ratio

I would say if you want a colorful tank, get rid of the female and get another male and have an all-male tank. Many people do that for show tanks and it usually works out fine.

I got 2 more peacocks today is it normal for the original fish to pick on them?

I got a single fish Saturday morning. For the rest of the day, it got chased by 3 other fish.
This continued all saturday long. Sunday morning, he was still alive and kind of getting along with all others. I heard it's better to add new fish in groups.

Ok just worrying spent a bit of money on these guys they are a little smaller then my original ones

I got 2 more peacocks today is it normal for the original fish to pick on them?

I would assume it is because you still have the female if this is the case nothing is going to settle down. If you have gotten rid of the female then turn out the lights and rearrange the tank.

To answer your original question it is 1 Male to 3 or more Female

Yup its normal, to reduce aggression though, turn down the lights and rescape your tank so your original fish don't have territories and your new fish can find a territory.

Back
Top Bottom