Peacocks and mnuba cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moofu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just curious on how they do together. i have a ob peacock a sunburst/sunshine (can never remenber the name) and i have 2 other i dunno the exact names of. Then i have like a bumblebee and a couple others like the blue acei i was just curious how they would do? they seem to be doing fine now but will i run into a problem down the road? how do just peacocks do together? thanks for the info. im still kind of new. I have a 75g tank.

Certain mbuna are just too aggressive to be with peacocks; and some will do alright.

Bumblebee are one of the ones that are too aggressive!

Acei tend to do well, along with any Labridochromis species, Rusty cichlid (Iodotropheus sprengerae), and a few others.

cause i have a ob peacock and hes pretty big and it looks like just one scale looks like its falling off. i dont know if thats from a fight or what?

Do you ever sit and just watch your fish tank? I do about 30 minutes a couple times a week.

If you do, then it won't take long to see if there's any bullies in your tank or if everyone fits in right.

I suggest doing it. It's relaxing and helps you learn the dynamics of your fish and their social lives?

Yeah I probably watch them about a hour each day. I don't see anyone get near him at all. He's a lot bigger then all of the other fish. The tank is pretty peaceful and has a lot of rock for the small ones to hang out. I just am unsure of how it was caused or what could have happened. He's doing fine, the peacock, but don't want anything else to happen. Is it bad to have all peacocks? Of are they ok together?

Peacocks are the best as far as not much aggression relatively speaking.

It's very possible it could just rubbed up against anything. If there's no real aggression and it's just a single scale, I wouldn't worry too much

I have peacocks with my mbunas. they do fine. i even have a male bumblebee that is the dominant male in the tank, and he doesnt bother them at all.

Back
Top Bottom