Pearl Lab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patterson333

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my lfs's has a fish that they call a "Pearl Lab." The owner of the store says that it is a strain of the Yellow Lab (Labidochromis caeruleus), and that it is exactly the same as far as temperament, size, etc... He also says that he's the only guy in South Florida who has it, and also told me "I might be the only vendor in the states." He has a penchant for exaggeration though, and though he's never wronged me, my friends who have bought from him warn me that he's a cutthroat (he charged them 150lbs of live rock when in actuality it was 60, assuming they wouldn't check).

I can't find much information on this fish online though, in fact, I can't even find a photo. The fish looks just like a Yellow Lab, except it's white with black along the top fins (as opposed to yellow with black). Has anyone heard of these fish? If so, is it true that they're just a different color strain of Yellow Lab? I've only seen them in this guy's store, never anywhere else..

I know that a photo would be immensely helpful, so next time I go by that store I'll try to take one.

There is a white species of Lab, essentially the same as the yellows otherwise. He may be the only seller locally, but they do turn up on aquabid occaisonally, and there are a number of online retailers that may also have them available.

Oh wow, yea I think that's it. My skills with google aren't what they used to be... But thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom