penguin filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there I have a penguin 200b or 55 gallon running on my 30 gallon and its working great and what model because the 200b and higher you can you two filter cartridges its great. You just have to make sure you water level isn't too low because with the high flow. What size aquarium and what type of fish are you keeping I'd love to see some pics :D

with the high flow it can be extremely loud sorry forgot to add that :p guess I'm a little waterlogged from all the fish maintenance

im just starting to set up a 20 gallon long for some bolivian rams will post pics as soon as its all set. :fish2:

I have been using a 350b on my 40 Gal for 5 years.. it gets louder when the water level drops but overall it is pretty quiet. I have been happy with the one I have

Termitehunter said:
I run 2 400s and they never fail. But not near as quiet as an Aqua Clear.

I too use two emperor 400s on my 75 Mbuna tank. Im very pleased but they do get loud.

I own 3 of them total, one used and the other two new, and only one of the new ones got really loud after a month or two. Overall though I think they are good and not great.

I had one on my 10 gallon and it was great. Just switched to an aqueon filter for my 20 gallon and it's super quiet. Personally I like those better but I guess it just depends on your tank and your fish.

i run an emperor 400 on my 125 as backup and i love it:) cartridges are easy as pie to clean and replace

I run bio-wheels on all of my tanks now. I love them to death. My only problem with them, as mentioned before, is that if your water line drops, then it's like a waterfall in your room. It is nice to have the bio-wheel to establish another tank. I stole my boyfriend's filter to cycle my 55g along with a new filter.

I need a filter for my 50.. I have a Fluval 405 Canister for the 55g

debating on the Bio-wheel or a canister for the 50..

Yup what they all said for the most part, Ive got two running on my tank Bio-wheels from penguin I think 280's, anyway they do get a little water noisy. I personally really enjoy the sound. It is not bothersome or my wife would have input. I have had a great tank with great water utilizing them but I have heard the Cannisters are supreme.

Back
Top Bottom