ph in cichlid tank (80)gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What size is your tank? Frontosa grow big and prefer to be in a group. Although people keep them with malawi's , frontosa are slow eaters and can suffer from it , in a busy tank of greedy malawis. They are also more active generally at night and in the morning, the rest of the time they seem to just laze around. They can also get spooked by fast moving fish, and when large have been known to break heaters, thermometers and even crack tanks! Because of it.

Not saying you shouldn't have it of that you should get rid, just sharing some info.

Also they are piscovore naturally, and like eating muscles, prawns and any fish it can fit in its mouth. Don't feed live fish tho as the gasses and air from the live fishes swim bladder can become trapped and cause float! Mine love live ghost shrimp, which would also be ok for malawi's as they aren't too high in protein.

Nice looking fish tho.

I have him in a 80 gallon and he is kinda the boss of the tank he killed my blue ram he eats first the others gives him his space he kinda owns the far right lol but he's calm now since I rea did the tank

I don't add chemicals other than prime during water changes. My ph is around 7.4 with just crushed coral in my sump. The fish are doing great...breeding like crazy and the colors are vibrant. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom