Pictures of ur favorite cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most who have fish rooms have some sort of affliction!
Frontosa rock I definitely noted them in your photos.

I will wear the 'fish nerd' badge without shame...Not everyone is good at making fish...
To have fish reproduce ON PURPOSE and repeatedly means you are doing something right?

Hey here is my next colony that i have grown out about 2 1/2 to 3 years old..have held eggs...but they are still getting the hang of breeding...i let my females hold...and strip at 18 days..no success yet with this group...but we will get there..minbemwe....the next picture is my money makers...these guys are about 3 and half...4 years old...lots of great mothers in here...i usaully get about 40 per batch to market....again minbemwe...people LOVE it as you know...when you have parents on site...all the money goes back to the fish...lol...my brother stop by and said ohh you got tilapia and shrimp in ur freezer...i said thats for the fish not YOU....too funny1481221118686.jpg1481221128357.jpg

I dont know why they show duplicates

I got single pictures. This site is funny sometimes...One must be patient with older style forum pages.

Those are nice Frontosa! Patients with them is also the key?
Yellow labs with them for fun!
I like to go to LFS with a load of fish on Sat. and get all you need in return...
Last swap got me 12 lbs. of frozen blood worms...:dance:
The fish must eat well we both know...:lol:

Picking up ten of these impossible find Saturday..juvenilesView attachment 291753

Ohhh man....

Thoracochromis brauschi - aka Red Throat Cichlids, they are awesome fish!!

I had one male once in an all Male African Malawi display tank, he was one of my favorites.

A group came up a couple of years ago through my club and I still regret nit purchasing the fish.

Good for you that you are receiving a group - hope you enjoy them.

Picking up ten of these impossible find Saturday..juvenilesView attachment 291753

Ohhh man....

Thoracochromis brauschi - aka Red Throat Cichlids, they are awesome fish!!

I had one male once in an all Male African Malawi display tank, he was one of my favorites.

A group came up a couple of years ago through my club and I still regret nit purchasing the fish.

Good for you that you are receiving a group - hope you enjoy them.

Yes they are juveniles...they cost me a arm and a leg...but i been trying for 14 months...plus i had to trade some stuff with my buddy...so they will be interesting...i dont even have them yet...let alone breeder size and my buddies are claiming first dibs on the fry...i know a couple of importers and they have not seen them in years....i talk to daves rare fish..and he has not seen them in years...the females are worth their weight in gold...

Red throat is right...do you hunt with ur dog ?...sorry i just seen the pic of ur dog lol...

What club do you belong too...i have ...greater Chicago cichlids association and green water aquatic.society...here in chicago...

Can you guys please help me to identify this fish? The only thing I know about this one is that it belongs to Cichlids that's all. The LFS used to called it as "Blue Chicklet". I just want know some more details about this one.
IMG_20161209_040712.jpg

Waiting for your kind reply. [emoji4]

Looks like a blue version of a Yellow Lab (I'm a cichlid noob) you have a beautiful fish!

Looks like a blue version of a Yellow Lab (I'm a cichlid noob) you have a beautiful fish!
Is it not the Electric Blue? Ummm.. it breaks my heart. Though it looks great whatever it is [emoji16]

I would post a pic of my fav fish. But it moves too much/fast for me to get a good pic ☹️

Looks like pseudotropheus socofoli to me
Thank You dear. I've got it. [emoji4] Thanks a lot again. Knowing the actual name of the fish helps to find out all the details about the fish easily over the Internet.

Again this is a cross bred fish..no black.what so ever..even females has some black...

Back
Top Bottom