Pike Cichlid ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sa777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had this guy for a while, but I need a species ID in order to determine whether I can keep him or not. I bought him from a LFS in July, he was labled as "red pike" and the shop owner assured me he would not exceed 6-7 inches. He is now roughly 8 inches in length. It might be helpful to add he has red on his dorsal fin, it's hard to see in the pictures.
1450300789313567460744.jpg

1450300946580-1514742105.jpg

1450301028987-67202178.jpg

I've seen a huge influx of atabapo's but not at that price. Maybe some different shots may help. I'lol admit I'm not great at ID's on pikes.

It's hard to ID the exact species from the picture. It looks like a lugubris group pike and you're probably looking at 12 - 18 inches full size at maturity. The pike in the photo looks fairly young still and has not filled out much. He'll be a beauty when he does?

Its difficult to ID most lugubris group pikes until they mature.

What size tank? What other fish are in the tank?

It's hard to ID the exact species from the picture. It looks like a lugubris group like and you're probably looking at 12 - 18 inches full size at maturity. The pike in the photo looks fairly young still and has not filled out much.

What size tank?

Where in the #$^### have you been. Glad to see the Pike person back.

It's hard to ID the exact species from the picture. It looks like a lugubris group pike and you're probably looking at 12 - 18 inches full size at maturity. The pike in the photo looks fairly young still and has not filled out much. He'll be a beauty when he does?

What size tank? What other fish are in the tank?

It's like seeing a ghost! Welcome back!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom