Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #1

Pimp's done it again!!

Ok my krib male {A.K.A. pimp } and his grilfriend this week Tuesday {A.K.A. female #1 } have out done there self with this fry. I lost count at 166 and on a forth count at 201. This is Tuesdays 3rd fry and she just brought them out for a swim around the cave yesterday evening. I seen the eggs in the cave and know this was going to be large fry.
But I didn't thank this big. When she brought them out it took her 15mins to get them all out of the cave. Then while she was getting them out of the cave. PImp the male was going over to Wedsday { female #2 } and Thrusday { female # 3 } an doing his little spawning thing with those two or at least wedsday cause Thrusday wasn't having any of him. Not til today sometime I'd thank. The last female Friday { female # 4 } was with Monday and the fry waitting on Pimp to get back so they could do the swim around the cave thing.
LOL I sware people I'm not kiding. This is there little thing one with fry, one or two spawning. LOL There so cool to whatch if one of the females gets to close to the cave while the others in there with her eggs or wigglers Pimp goes after her and puts her in her place and the female goes and gets in the other cave on the other end of the tank.
It's so freaking cool, Now you know why he's called Pimp and his girls are named days of the week. LOL LMAO
Here's the new fry picture notice there every wherein a couple of the pictures.

Now some close ups of the little guys and gals.

here's my faverit shot of them { Maybe even a POTM shot LOL }

Monday and all the Monday Jr's and Jr'ets

Hope they keep this up, I love to set and whatch them do there thing and it's great. Plus KRIBS FOR SELL!!!!!! Cheap to AA menbers. LOL I'm at 400+ ranging from 10 days old to 2 months. 6 frys in 63 days. Go figure that { Get'ur done } I'm to funny!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gorgeous daddy, and definitely a POTM there. Great pics-!

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
plecoperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Congrats once again. Nice photos.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Great looking pics...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to DarylF2 Send a message via Yahoo to DarylF2
Stunning krib!

Congratulations!!!

Really, REALLY nice pictures of the fry, too! Fry are terrifically hard to photograph, but you did an amazing job.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #6

Congrats...That pic. could defientely be POTH.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:31 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Location: That place between sleeping and awake, where dreams become reality and songs of the heart are born
What a gorgeous rainbow of colors weasel f.
Are these peaceful fish or are they aggressive like cichlids? They would complement my dragon fishes silver and purple blues perfectly. Theyd need their own seperate tank of course lined up right next to the dragons's. Maybe I can get an extra huge 125 gal and put up a glass seperator and make a giant split tank. I've got the room for it, I dont need a couch anyway. :P
Old 06-30-2006, 02:05 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Not sure how big your dragonfish are, but Kribs are cichlids, and can definitely hold their own. They aren't the cuddly little fish you might think. But they aren't like some of the more aggressive cichlids either. Kind of a borderline community/aggressive.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

What is the exact name of those fish? They are absolutly beautiful!!! I am going to be getting a 55 gallon, can any number of them be kept in a tank that size? I would love to have just a pair in there. What kind of fish are they compatable with? They are just great, you must be so proud!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #10

Kribs are like Blue sys. But when not with fry can be a really peacful fish. Pimp will jump out of the tank into my hand to eat. When I let him. Wedsday will eat from my finger tips. when i frist got my kribs I wasn't to impressed with them. Then about 4 months ago I started noticing how you can train them like a dolphaine nd fell head over hills for them.
When with fry they can and these do take over 1/2 the bottom of the tank,keeping everything at bay from the fry. They IMO are the best parents out there. They have super parenting skills and will always keep fry in a closed group not allowing anything to get close re around the fry. Again they re super little fish and not to aggrassive anles with fry. One more thing if you've ever wanted to see a fish swimming with there fry and rounding there fry up keeping them close and see the parents teaching there young the in's and out's of the tank this is your fish and when in spawning colors beautiful colors bright purple belly bright yellow fins with black dots on them and orange in the face. Ye this is your fish. I have 200 around a half inche in size can sex most of them. For sell 5 for $10 or 10 for $18

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com